Friday, April 04, 2008

TFI Friday


This week has been something of a shock to the system for me as I have had to work every day and for more than 8 hours on some of them! I am not sure I will ever get used to this "having a job" and certainly find it an inconvenient intrusion on my free time.


This weekend should provide ample opportunities for interesting diversion ans so far I have planned the following

Saturday

  • Haircut (at the unpleasantly early time of 08:00 on Saturday)
  • A trip to the tip with some cardboard
  • A trip to the supermarket so that I can fall out with J in public
  • Mow the lawn for the first time (a big job no doubt)
  • A bike ride to try and return myself to a human state
Sunday

  • Another bike ride in preparation for the big event of the day
  • Big family birthday party
  • Missing the Tour of Flanders

Admittedly this last point is more of a non-event than an event, but it is the first of the Belgian Classic bike races and I am looking forward to it having ridden the course last year (you can read about that here). This year I have a feeling that Tom Boonen will be able to pull something out of the bag, but it is a great race and for me really gets the cycling season into full swing. The evenings are lighter in theory it is getting warmer and soon I can even think about wearing shorts for the first time since 2006.


One good thing about working hard during the week is that you appreciate the weekend all the more...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 am

    Sounds like a good weekend after a good week's work - a weekly event here in the UK!
    G is going to the opticians early & on to Bromsgrove to collect the Lotus bit from last week.
    I may be invited!
    Enjoy your weekend - perhaps J doesn't like shopping - he is male.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:33 pm

    I left both males home to watch tv and draw pictures while I went shopping - great deal. Nobody lost their temper so far today. Haircut done nicely. Grass is being cut at this very moment.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 pm

    MK. Good move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 pm

    Then they say "why don't you let me do......?
    The answer is too hurtful.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:40 am

    I notice the picture of an old boiler (a disturbingly un-feathered variety) in an attempt to increase comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:33 am

    It worked anyway!
    I must return to my blog & post a picture of a valve.
    m

    ReplyDelete