Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Race day planning

In an effort to reverse my fortunes with sunglasses I went back to the wood with my mountain bike yesterday evening to try and find the pair that I had dropped on Sunday.

Guess what?

I didn't find them. There are blue and white and I expect that they stood out somewhat like a saw thumb on the forest floor to such an extent that the next person along will have found them and picked them up. They had a lucky day I suppose, whilst I did not. On the bright side I did get to spend another couple of hours riding around the trails and honing my skills for next weekend when I plan on putting them on the line along with my questionable fitness in an effort to finish in the middle half of the Rivette SRAM H12 solo male category. I can't wait!

Before then I need to find some good race food, that is something that I can digest relatively easily possibly whilst cycling and that I won't get completely sick of (in any respect) before the end of the race.
Thankfully J and I have Friday off together (nursery is closed for the day) so we can whip up some delicious flapjacks with lots of dried fruit, some nuts and maybe a little chocolate. I am also planning some sandwiches, bananas, coke, salted almonds and copious quantities of Maxim energy drink.

After last nights failed search for my glasses I consoled myself by ordering a new pair of mountain bike shoes to relieve my squashed toes, I just hope they arrive before the weekend...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 pm

    I think that you could perhaps have flown for what this race will cost by the time that you are fully equiped.
    Flapjack sounds good.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:32 pm

    Flown? where when and why? I think it cost about £20 to enter the race.
    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 am

    is a saw thumb a missing digit or simply a miss-spelling? Visions of
    a blistered grip from overdoing the push/pull. Could be painful or even sore!

    ReplyDelete