Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cold


The winter seems to have returned to Denmark in some way as we have woken to hard frosts and fog the last couple of days. MK is still suffering with a cold and I can feel that my body is still trying to fight it off for me. I have slept a lot the last couple of nights, but still feel tired and I decided that I would be better off missing out on riding my bike last night despite the dry roads and MK & J being of at mothers group. I decided to hit the sofa instead and watch House. I had a good rest but couldn't help feeling that I should be doing something more productive. Maybe I need to classify recuperation and avoiding illness as productive in the future...
I'll definitely have a little spin tonight and hopefully the threat of a cold will have lifted before the weekend so that I can get some saddle time in.
This weekend we are going to Copenhagen both days to visit people, Saturday is a friends birthday party and Sunday is an investigatory trip to visit some potential new friends...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:26 pm

    Cold here as well, but it's a day in - I just wish that I'd done the ironing before logging on to enter a Times competition to win a hliday to Peru.
    Go onto sundaytimestravel.co.uk.
    "Amazon"
    aj will!
    Thank God that I am related as I would probably have failed the interview to become a friend!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 pm

    aj will not.I do not like climbing and definitely not the Andes, until they have escalators. For holidays I want a bit of luxury not back packing, although I usually end up sleeping on sofas camouflaged in a sleeping bag. Do you have to 'vet' all potential new friends ? Maybe this is where you and Ben are falling down on increasing your social circles.aj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 pm

    There is luxury in Peru if you pay for it!
    I stayed at a Monastery in Cuzco converted into a hotel 12,000 feet up.
    If you want to see cold look at bigwilliamsworld and if you want a laugh look at awheywithwords.
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:13 am

    Recently watched a great travelogue on Denmark, Neat looking Nihavn canal area, the 5 streets hooked up to walk/shop (Stroyia - ? spelling). The town Hall sq., Dragor (fishing village looked like post card.) Hillerod, Roskilde, etc looked so lovely. You really seem to have a beautiful country in which to live.

    On another note, I have some Royal Copenhagen Blue Fluted Open Lace china I'm looking to sell to a good home, does MK know anyone interested? May be a silly question. Circa '51 and the new price is $1,500, but mine lot better buy. White with blue lacy trim and hardly used.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will be better off selling the royal copenhagen in the US as there is a lot more of it over here than there. Copenhagen is an attractive city and the other places that you mention are also nice, if a little boring once you get past the buildings. There is not much to do in many of those places other than look at them (except CPH)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:46 pm

    I'm a history buff and enjoy museums, historic sites, etc. and it talked about those things too. This Danish cooking show I've been watching talks about these farms, dairy's, seashore, etc ... lot more interesting from what my relatives cooked or talked of.

    No probl about the china. Have a great weekend!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:09 am

    The traditional Millard selection practice was to invite people to dinner, then subject them to flogging with wet towels, an intellectual bruising and significant ridicule then guage whether the resultant gibbering mess was worth conversing with (or laying.) Amoungst others FFJ failed. You can guess who passed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:13 am

    Have you ever heard the expression 'Coals to Newcastle'?

    ReplyDelete