Monday, April 07, 2008

A day of contrasts

Having spent the day in an introductory seminar, I was seriously ready to get some fresh air this evening. Mu initial plan had been to get straight out on the road bike before eating, but that doesn't really fit with our normal routine. I was then struck with a brainwave: A dusk mountainbike ride in the forest.

So after I cooked the 25kr ($5) per bite lamb chops ( that was 3 chops for 150kr or $30!) and we scoffed them with some mash, cabbage and sauted spring onions I shucked the Mamasita in the car and hit the road.

What a fantastic idea that was. It was a lovely evening and I finally got to test out the hand me down lights that WRM gave me. They work really well although I was completely terrified of getting lost. I don't know the woods that well and when you shine a light around in the trees, it all looks the same.


Thankfully I got back to the car without too much difficulty and got nearly 2 hours of lovely fragrant forest riding it. I think I am more happy with this new bike than any other I have had so far.

I tried out my new phone camera as it was in my pocket anyway and the result are not bad considering that the lens is about 3m across although it is 2 mega pixels apparently

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:58 pm

    Well done.
    Would be better before dinner as you would have more to look forward to.
    G intendednti ride but mowed the lawns instead - raking to do.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 am

    All's right with the world.

    ReplyDelete