Tuesday, April 01, 2008

So far, so errrrr good...


Firstly Happy Birthday George, have a good day and don't forget to buy cakes for everyone at work!

My journey to work this morning took 2 hours because of a suspicious package left at one of the stations in Copenhagen (Glostrup if you care) which meant that all the trains terminated where I normally get off and there were big delays everywhere. That mean that I arrived at my stop about half and hour later than normal and 20 minutes after my bus stopped running for the day. The station was completely chaotic with buses and taxis everywhere so I decided to take the opportunity to test out walking to the office. It took a little over half an hour and I don't think I'll do it again unless I really have to.



At the weekend we decided to have a look for some new shoes for J as the weather is warming up and he'll need to get out of the wool and goretex boots before we go to England in May where we plan to buy him some summer shoes. After the customary screaming blue murder, crying and filling his nappy with some unholy smelling materials, we finally settled on these.

They were in the sale so we saved 25% making them only moderately ridiculously expensive. What came as something of a surprise to us was that fact that they are the same size as the winter boots we bought in November. How much too big must they have been that they are the right size for new shoes now - 5 months later? I suppose the Danish way is that kids get 2 pairs of shoes a year so they need plenty of space, but I can't believe that it is the best for their little feet. In the future we'll be a bit more aware that we're not being sold shoes at least 2 sizes too big.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 pm

    Wasn't the same as yesterday then!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 pm

    Wasn't the same as yesterday then!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 pm

    Groundhog day syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:18 am

    No.
    Twitchy finger syndrome.
    Much more fun.
    actually the anti virus check box was in the way & I thought that the comment hadn't printed, but that's boring)
    m

    ReplyDelete