Friday, April 11, 2008

The other cold


I have finally given in to the family's viral visitor and accepted that I have a cold. As a man that means that I am likely to have a near death experience over the next few days, but with a little sympathy I guess I'll pull through.

That is not actually true, Tuesday and Wednesday I felt really rough but yesterday I started to feel a bit better and less tired so I rode my bike for an hour on the trainer before bed and my only problem today is the cold related congestion.


The plan for the rest of today is that I should fetch J and we'll hit the pool for some splashing around and maybe a trip on the slide or too. Last week saw a first from J when he asked to have arm bands on and then had a good float around in the pool without me holding him. Hopefully that spirit of adventure will continue as i find it a little dull sitting in the baby pool watching him throwing plastic dinosaurs around...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:35 pm

    Pull yourself together, it's only a cold.
    Well done J. If he takes to moving in the water as well as he took to moving on dry land, you should have an olympic swimmer on your hands.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:37 pm

    are they the armbands I bought him last summer - which he regarded like finger nail extractions?
    We need photos of J in the water!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 am

    Do they have congestion charges in Denmark or is that only London.
    Waht a bugger to charge you when you are not feeling your best!

    ReplyDelete