Monday, April 28, 2008

Lightening strikes twice


We had a fantastic meal on Friday night at Kokkeriet, the service was really excellent and the food was very good too.

Salted Scallops browned butter, cucumber & horseradish - Nice juicy and sweet scallops

Seared Octopus celeriac, macadamia nuts & onions - Fantastic clever combination the octopus was delicious. The celeriac and nuts with some macadamia nut oil worked unbelievably well.

Baked Lemon Sole leak, skagen ham & apples - Delicious

Fried Rabbit carrot, morels & dandelion - Very good and rich, but I think it must be almost impossible to cook rabbit fillet without it being a little dry

Lamb in ash barley, jerusalem artichoke & star anis - Wonderful

White Chocolate malt, tonga & pear - Quite good, but not as good as the treats that came with the coffee

We did a bit more gardening on Saturday and i pulled out even more dandelions. I think I would have defined someone with too much spare time by the number of dandelions they pulled out of the lawn. I now find myself sneaking out in the evening to pull a few more. It is becoming obsessive...

The lightening strike was yesterday. At some point in my nearly 4 hour mountainbike ride I took off my sunglasses and put them in my pocket as they were dirty and it was not so bright in the trees. When I came to put them back on, my pocket was empty. Bummer that's two pairs of Oakleys in 6 days...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 am

    In pounds the loss is unbelievable for a mere seven days, but two pairs of sunglasses do not qualify for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:48 pm

    SOUNDS AN AMAZING MEAL- BEN'S SYSTEM CAN'T EVEN COPE WITH PORK!
    I HOPE THAT YOU ARE PULLING THE DANDELIONS UP SO THAT YOU CAN EAT THEM; NO DOUBT LARS COULD FIND THE ODD LITTLE BUNNY RABBIT TO ACCOMPANY THEM.
    (I'VE STARTED SO I'LL FINISH IN CAPITOLS)
    GET YOURSELF A NECK CHORD FOR YOUR GLASSES - YOU'LL LOOK UNUSUAL, BUT NEVER ONE TO CONFORM, & YOU'LL BE QUIDS/KRONAS IN ON REPLACEMENTS.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:45 pm

    Is that a note on a rope or merely a noose ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:49 pm

    A little "gallows Humour" from aj!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:09 am

    no noose is good (or is that bad?) news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:39 am

    Never mind - loss of Oakleys x2 = extravagant shopping opportunity! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete