Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Scneic Route

This morning I did something that I thought I would never be able to make myself do. No I didn't get up early to watch X factor, I cycled to work! I principal this is not a monumental achievement, but for someone who is not at their best first thing in the morning, getting myself sufficiently awake to be out and cycling at 6:45 is quite an achievement. I took a somewhat circuitous route having gotten bored with the traffic by the time I reached Roskilde and being ahead of schedule I decided to take some lanes instead of the main road. As a result I got rather lost. I didn't have a computer attached to my bike but I guess I did around 55 km and at least 7 of those were unnecessary.


As you can see I added a bit to the journey, but still got here in under 2 hours and was sitting at my desk, showered and shaved (and dressed) before 9. Next time I will get out of bed at 6 as planned rather than 6:15 and I will take a more direct route so that I can be at my desk by 8:30 at the latest.

The conclusion from this test is that the ride is reasonably pleasant and not too strenuous and I will definitely do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:22 pm

    Re carbon footprint reduction;-No matter how far you cycle, you will not be able to reduce the size of your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 pm

    Congratulations!I wish that I could do it.
    m

    ReplyDelete