Monday, April 21, 2008

Long weekend

We were blessed with a public holiday on Friday, apparently it was "Big Prayer Day", we didn't do much praying (well I didn't anyway) but we did enjoy the day off nonetheless.


We have been busy in the garden, creating Vegetable patch 2.0 now with a path so that MK and J can grow lots of peas, fennel and maybe some potatoes. It was very exciting to be able to fork some of our own home-made compost into the new bits of the patch as well.


My contribution to the garden was to plant three gooseberry bushes and sew some lupins and foxgloves to add a little colour to the garden. So far all of our planting has been edible stuff so I decided that we need a bit of frivolity. I have also pulled hundreds of dandelions out of the lawn and the hedge.


We had the annual Anemone tour to the forest with T&B followed by a delicious and well earned meal.


On Sunday afternoon I managed to find enough time and energy for a mountainbike ride in the forest. I was very happy to find that the trails are as dry or dryer than they were last June. I am still really happy with my new bike and out in the sunshine, it was a fantastic way to end a very nice relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:42 am

    All that gardening & you still had time for some embroidery!
    It all looks very organised, I wish that I had some gooseberry bushes, perhaps this will be the year.
    Off for a day out with aj.
    Have a good day.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 pm

    Are those edges straight?

    Ben

    ReplyDelete