Friday, November 28, 2008

My favourite game

Fantasy real life ©. This is where I try to imagine how I would like life to be in the future, sometimes it is short term and sometimes it is longer term.


At various points, I have dreamed about living in various places and that is still an ongoing theme with Boulder generally being my preferred destination. I don't know if we'll ever be able to manage that, but it would be nice.

In the shorter term, MK and I are already very exciting about our summer holiday for 2009. We had a really nice time last time we were in Vaujany and both love that area of France. This time will be different than previous visits, J was just a bump in 2005 and I had been training for triathlon for a while. This time I am not in such good shape and I need to get some work in to be able to complete these bike races again.

Then there is the very exciting Tour of Austria that I have entered in September which will be a very challenging week indeed.

So the next step after deciding where you want to be at a given point in time is to determine the best way to get there. In my case that means I need to get fit and as is always the case - lose some weight. I had hoped that I would be able to get plenty of exercise over the last couple of weeks, but that has not been the case. However, after the weekend, I will not have to go away again for a while so I can focus on getting into a routine with some more healthy eating and plenty of exercise.



Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 pm

    That's why someone invented Second Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 am

    Is this an "Advent" comment?
    I'm not sure that the second coming is guaranteed.
    You look fitter already.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 pm

    Was the second coming by bicycle ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:34 am

    We don't know.
    It may happen this Advent.
    I will look closely at all bicycles, just in case - no one knows the time or the place, or, indeed, the mode of transport.
    Hope you had a good journey - great to see you.
    m

    ReplyDelete