Friday, November 28, 2008

The Bloggers Dilema

There are a number of blogs that I check on a daily basis, the first being bigwilliamsworld and the second being gillselevenses, followed by a couple of cyclists blogs and cyclingnews.com. That is generally my minimum surfing during the first half hour of my day.

The non family blogs that I read are updated pretty much every day (as is this one) and the guys who do them are pretty good writers (unlike this one). That means that each day when I click on the link, I am fairly confident that I will have a minute or two of entertainment and distraction in return for my visit.

I try to post here every day and sometimes it is difficult to decide what to write about. Sometimes it is obvious if something interesting (to me at least) is going on in my life then I tend to write about it, but at other times there simply isn't anything interesting going on that I can write about. If I am very busy at work, sometimes there is nothing else going on, other times, work is less hectic, but for some other reason life is quiet, like the last couple of weeks whilst the family has been in England. So is it better to post something boring than nothing at all?

I think it is. There are a couple of reasons for this, firstly, I have no idea what the 50-100 daily visitors are actually interested in. Secondly if I post nothing then people will stop visiting at all and then I may as well stop. Finally, I can decide what I think is worth writing and it is up to you whether you want to read it or not.

I just wish I had more pictures to post when there is little so say, but I don't at the moment. I have packed the camera for this weekend so I hope I can rectify that next week.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:47 pm

    OK Dude give me a break here! It's not always possible to blog when you are far from your home and computer with just a phone and limited Internet access.
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 pm

    The world was sadder when Ben gave up eating breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 am

    I thought that you said "suffering the blog" - my insecurity again!
    I shall blog today.
    Where is Ben?
    He can't be that busy for all of this time.
    m

    ReplyDelete