Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Slow progress

I started building up the new bike last night, but didn't get very far. My home made headset press was not long enough for the head tube so I couldn't fit the headset. I managed to fit the bottom bracket, get the rear brake on and the rear derailleur, but then I was more or less stuck.

I need some shorted chain ring bolts before I fit the chain set and I couldn't fit the front brake without some spacers that I don't have.

I hope that I'll manage to get to a bike shop and a hardware shop on the way home so that I can get on with it this evening.

MK and the boys are going to Manchester for a hospital visit today, hopefully DK will be out of casts after that, but there is a chance that he will need another week in plaster. Hopefully J will also behave himself for Grandma whilst MK and DK are being seen.

By the way, it is really lonely at home on my own :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment