Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Departures

MK and the boys seem to have survived the trip to Birmingham although I get the impression that it was pretty hard work. J seems to think that potty training was something that he had to learn to do and then he could forget it (like learning how to use imaginary numbers or writing fortran 77). As a result he is peeing everywhere and apparently had a pooh on the plane although he was thankfully wearing a nappy. He knows when he is going, he just can't quite get around to doing anything about it.

It was very sad leaving them at the airport last night and I was in no hurry to get home to the empty house so I went to see Quantum of Solace.

As my astute mother pointed out, the new Bond film was father humourless and for me that made it rather charmless as well. There was lot of action and some pretty cool stunts and things, but on the whole I think they need to put just a little fun back in and a little more charm. As a general rule Bond films appeal to both men and women, but I think in this case it is a male film with little to entertain women who (sweeping generalisation coming up) want more than just fighting and action from films.

The worst thing about the film was that I ate a big bag of peanut M&Ms so that was my tea (plus a ham sandwich when I got home). As a result I simply had to cycle to work this morning. Thankfully there was a tail wind and it was not raining.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 am

    Presume the tailwind was not self generated after all thise peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 pm

    Woman also wanted some bare torso shots, so I'm told - purely for the sake of comparison, I'm sure.
    Uncannily, we also ate a bag of chocolate peanuts when we went to see Q of S: a small bag from M&S, between two, so we had dinner as well.
    Enjoy the peace & a lie in for two days - all situations have some positive points.
    When G is away I get the remote control & can use the lounge phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 pm

    Is 'father humorous' some sort of oblique comment to WRM or just a typo?

    ReplyDelete