Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For better or worse, richer or poorer...

Thankfully I have that under sworn oath from MK so I had a little leverage when the bike shop called this evening.

The problem is that Cervélo Europe have sold out of 2008 R3 frames in my size, but they had everything else. My problem is that I really want (need could easily be used here instead) an R3 for the 2008 price given that the 2009 is 25% more expensive than the current model, but is exactly the same.

So here is the dilemma: I can have an R3 SL (SuperLight) for the price of next years normal model, but this is 25% more than what I had ordered already.

This is the price for the frame, not the whole bike.



Mine will have black saddle and bar tape and different wheels, but I am pretty happy to have bacl instead of white and I will take off the CSC sticker.

So what does a guy do?

Beg, grovel, apologise and order the SL! This is the bike that Carlos Sastre won the Tour de France on this year but he had to weigh it down but putting 2 chains down the seat tube to meet the UCI minimum weight requirement of 6.8kg but is just as strong as the regular R3.

To say that I am excited is a large understatement. I couldn't sleep last night, and whilst tomorrow is my birthday, the real present is arriving later in the week...

6 comments:

  1. According to the kit calculator at competitive cyclist.com the bike will weigh 5945g complete including bottle cages and computer. Wow. Now I need to get a bit lighter too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:23 pm

    I am confused! Are you getting the one you want? At the price you want?
    Happy Birthday tomorrow - nobody will know you are 34
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. getting the one I want at a higher price than I want. I am basically getting a better frame and paying more for it as a result. I was happy with the less expensive (not cheap) one and we didn't really want to shell out any more for the SuperLight version. In the end it is the same price as buying it in the US so i think it is a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 pm

    Are you wheely wheely excited ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 pm

    Can I have the CSC sticker for my bike - I understand that it will go much faster.
    You can now diet for a week & lose twice the weight of your bike.
    Why was it that MK married you?
    I hope that you sleep tonight - was it excitement over the birthday or the bike that kept you awake?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:59 pm

    Your cycling to work gives a whole new meaning to the choice of office bike.
    aj

    ReplyDelete