Monday, September 15, 2008

Good, Bad and Indifferent


This morning we had the now traditional Monday morning rush to get out of the door at about 7:15 and off to the hospital.

DK had his casts removed and the Dr was very happy with how flexible his feet were. That means that next week he will have a tenotomy and then his last set of casts that will be on for 3 weeks

That was the good bit.

DK has been a bit sick over the weekend and his stomach has been like a football. We mentioned this to the orthopaedic doctor who referred us to the children's ward. After a bit of waiting and re-telling of stories DK was given an enema. I think I've previously explained that anyone who spends enough time in a Danish hospital will be administered an enema and I consider myself lucky to have avoided it so far. This got the wheels in motion, but apparently not enough so a little colonic irrigation was called for.

Don't stand in the way of that!

After such a traumatic morning DK has slept for most of the day, but we are hoping that the blockage has been sorted out and he can deflate a little over the coming day or so...
When I was downloading the pictures from my phone I found this one of two people deep in contemplation over who will get the biggest piece of birthday cake.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 pm

    Good news about D's feet then & no doubt the attention to his little bowel will pay off in the long run!
    Did the whole family have enemas, or did you escape, unmolested?
    I bet that Lars came a close second to J with the cake.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 pm

    Hi all
    Glad to hear that all is going well with D's feet. Hope his tummy trouble calms down too.

    Thank you for J's pressie - it's exactly what she needed as we've had a technical problem with some decorations I bought (didn't stay stuck to the wall!!). She's had a great day (also her first full day at big school)
    Looking forward to seeing you in Oct.
    Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:10 pm

    Hello

    My fitness instructor (yes I have one and no, it is clearly not working!) informed the class that he is doing a triple iron man. Is this possible?? I can't get my head around it? Surely there can't be such a thing??

    Also my friend's husband is an iron man enthusiast. He has written a book about it and had it published. It is aptly named 'It's not normal' by Stuart Staples incase you haven't read it!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read that there will be a triple irnonman for the first time in the UK next year I think. Each year there is a decatriathlon or something that is 10 times the length and takes several days. In the past they have measured blood values in particpants and concluded that they should be dead. The worst part is that the swim is in a pool, they ride a short circuit and run on a short track so that they are never far from home. Insane.
    I haven't read that book either, but maybe I will...

    ReplyDelete