Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back from Blighty


I have had a very brief trip back "home" this week, we arrived in Birmingham on Monday evening and headed straight for Ross on Wye for dinner and a reasonable nights sleep before hitting Mitcheldean on Tuesday for a full day of excitement here:

Then it was back home after 3 hours in the airport (we avoided the rush hour by leaving early and flying out late). It was nice to be home and the countryside was lovely but somehow I now feel more like a visitor than a native when I am in the UK. There are just as many people speeking a language I don't understand as in Denmark and I never have an adaptor to charge my laptop with me.
Today has been back to the grind-stone and the idea of the approaching weekend is very welcome indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:48 am

    Glad that you had a good trip. Sorry to have missed you - I had a couple of free days & so visited aj before she flew of to Portugal.
    Most of the folk that bump into are native english "speekers" - airports & convention centres are an exception.
    Off to look after J & T.
    m

    ReplyDelete