Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New Car and Double Cream

We got the new car yesterday and today I have had a chance to stretch it's legs a bit. It is great - Fast, smooth, quiet and loaded with gadgets!


But that is not the only exciting thing to happen this week. MK came home with something from our local dairy that the Danes call "double cream". I am not sure of the definition for English double cream or heavy cream as the Americans call it, but it is not like this. This has 50% fat content and is as yellow as birds custard. Last night we had it with ice cream and some marinaded pineapple left over from the weekend with a little grated chocolate on top. This afternoon we have tried it with some rhubarb cake. Delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:25 pm

    What a saving ! I shall keep my old car and buy a pot of cream instead, for equal excitement. Shouldn't you have blurred out the number plates as in all the best videos. aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, I couldn't be bothered earlier although I thought about it. If you think it is worth the effort then I guess it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03 pm

    Fast, smooth, quiet & loaded with gadgets, just like G!
    Glad that you're pleased with the latest acquisition.
    I note that you have yet to paint the facing boards on the garage.
    Is the cream low fat?
    How are J & D?
    m

    ReplyDelete