Thursday, September 11, 2008

The lucky day

I rode my bike to work this morning and despite it being foggy and having a cold, I really enjoyed it. I always enjoy riding to work, the fresh air is nice and it is one of the few opportunities I have to mentally unwind. The steaming hot shower and fresh bread available for breakfast are also nice when you know you've earned them

The extra bonus today was that the wind changed direction during the day so I had a tail wind in both directions. Lovely.

Amazingly Lance Armstrong has announced this week that he is planning on returning to professional cycling next year with an intention of winning the Tour de France for an 8th time. I don't know if he can do it, but I think it will make for some interesting headlines over the coming weeks. (Not in the Daily Mail, but other exciting places like cyclingnews.com and pezcyclingnews.com or velonews.com)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 pm

    Well done - God moves in mysterious ways.
    G thinks that you have life far too easy, with a HOT shower & fresh bread - almost worth moving to Denmark.
    I'm sure that the Telegraph will pick up on Lance Armstrong - even I had picked this up on the news.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 am

    You look like Vic Reeves in those specs - it may just be the zombie expression.
    It took me two days to remember the name!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. "G thinks that you have life far too easy" I think that is his general feeling.
    I think there is a Monty Python sketch like this.
    "you were lucky"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:52 pm

    Well, there were five of them, living in a shoe box in the middle of the road......in Scotland, living on root vegetables & offal!
    m

    ReplyDelete