Monday, February 11, 2008

Some new rules

It is a little late in the day, but I am supposed to post my weight each Monday so here it is.

This afternoon I am 108,0kg and 25% lard which means I am slightly heavier than last week.

Damn.

Well I can more or less understand this because I have been off the wagon somewhat with my eating and whilst mum has been here I have been drinking wine every night for the last 3 days and eating the odd illegal snack. On the other hand I have been training almost every day which I had convinced myself would enable me to eat a little more and still shed some fat. Wrong.

I think I am supposed to post a picture of myslef in my underwear as punishment for not losing weight this week and I will do that tomorrow. Sorry.

As for the training, there is another piece of motivation added to the list as of today and that is that I have entered a 12 hour solo race on the 3rd May in Denmark, so I need to keep up the work and develop my plans past the middle of February.

But William I hear you all say, surely you'll need a different bike for all of this racing you have planned this year. Well of course I will.

It's probably going to be one of these.

Yes it's a 29er, scandium frame and 29" wheels but there are some catches.

In order to allow myself to get used to it I need to have it by mid April at the latest so what do I have to do to deserve it?

Well here are the targets

I have to get down to 105kg before the end of February or the deal is off.
I then have to get down to 100kg by the end of March or the deal is off. Finally I am aiming at being 95kg by the time I stand at the start line of the Nordic 24 in the middle of June.

So bring on the raw carrots because I want this bike and given that I have published this and MK seems to think that it is not strictly necessary then she will be looking for excuses to can the idea.

Tomorrow me in pants, next week, me being lighter after a few days of hard skiing!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:38 pm

    There is a Moots 29er frame for sale in Boulder $2.5k
    Did you get the boot for the headshock?-you have two mountain bikes already!
    Did you notice I have lost 2 kilos in 2 weeks? this involved drinking plenty of wine but very little fat and a lot of fruit.
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36 am

    What the f is scandium? Scamdium more like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandium

    It is an element added to Aluminium to increase strength and hence reduce tha amount of metal needed to make the frame.
    I'd love the Moots, but that is in Boulder and I am not and I can't afford to get one here. I'd probably get sent to prison for trying to import it, it's too nice! What size is it?
    I am selling at least one of the mountain bikes to make space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:56 pm

    No, Gill says:
    You could buy William the bike in Boulder & come over to Denmark, bringing it as your luggage.
    Did nobody else think of this?
    Perhaps he could then sell two of his mountain bikes, to give you towards your fare, leaving more room in the basement & a new fridge for MK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:02 pm

    That frame is sold now - there is a 2004 Moots road bike in Denver for $3,600
    When I was looking for mine I tried a 29er ybb moots which was too big for me ideal for you - it was about $2300 I recall. I couldnot even stand over the top tube.
    Still weighting for praise over my wait loss!
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for losing the weight. I don't have your will power! I don't want another road bike at the moment, but a 29er YBB is more or less my dream bike at the moment. I haven't even inestigated the new price because I know it is too high!

    ReplyDelete