Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Now we NEED a new fridge


Yesterday I finally got around to oiling the oak work surfaces in the kitchen since they were starting to dry out and looked like they were ripe for some staining especially given the amount of beetroot that we get in our vegetable box.


In order to make some space on top of the microwave for the stuff on the work surfaces, I had to more the cooling rack an in doing so I managed to make a gauge in the new wall right above the fridge.


"Oh bother!" I exclaimed


However, looking on the bright side, it would be covered up by a taller fridge that we are planning to buy at some point so I think it's time to hit Punkt 1 and see what is on offer.


I'd love one of these Smeg ones, but unfortunately they are rather too expensive and difficult to get hold of over here.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 pm

    Buy a hotpoint (or the danish equivalent) & cover it in stripey fablon.
    I can't believe that you hadn't thought of this.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 pm

    Even a Smeg fridge will be cheaper than a new bike, but a little Polyfilla will be cheaper than both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth is the connection between the cost of a fridge and a bicycle?
    A fridge costs more than a pair of shoes and less than a car. So what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 pm

    Walking is cheaper than driving a car and polyfilling the wall is cheaper than buying a fridge to cover the mark on the wall; the bicycle, as usual, is ever present but superfluous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Filler is not the issue, it is paint. We do want (maybe need) a bigger fridge.
    I don't need a new bike, I want one. If we can afford it and I think it is of sufficient value to me to have one then I will buy one. That's why we go to work every day so that when we need a new fridge we can buy one and when we want a new bicycle, sometimes we can have that too. Please don't think I buy a new bicycle every time I want one or that I have ever bought the bike that I really really want because I haven't.
    We have good jobs and work hard, we deserve treats sometimes when we can afford them. Why should I have to justify it more than that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:26 am

    what kind of guage did mount on the wall and what does it measure?
    Perhsps you meant gouge!

    ReplyDelete