Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Annual Training Plan

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had bought a training plan to get myself back on the bike and doing some structured training to prepare for the Nordic 24 hour race in June.

The 5 week plan comes to an end this week so I need to work out what to do from Saturday onwards to ensure that I am ready for June. That was the plan in January, but now I have added another race to the program in May - the Rivette H12. This is a 12 hour race also held somewhere near Copenhagen. (have a look here if you're interested)
I could splash out $100 on a prepared training plan for 24 hour mountain bike races or I can try and design my own based on the cyclists training bible.

This is a rather complicated book that you more or less have to read from end to end to go through the whole process of designing your plan for the year before you put it to one side and ignore it for the whole year. Well what's the point of spending more money on training plan when I can make my own?

In the past I have never been able to follow these things anyway, but (as usual) I hope that this year will be different...

I'm reading the book and making the excel sheets so we'll see what comes out of it at the end.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:12 pm

    Attended a speak (or rather a show) with Chris MacDonald yesterday, wauw, that's a cyclist who has been in pain doing that "Race Across America" - but very interesting and inspirational guy...

    Have fun with the planning :-)

    /Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I know you are a connoisseur of the art of planning exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:05 pm

    I did dip into this book as my light bedtime reading last week, as it was lying on the settee. Let me know if you want any help with the plan.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 pm

    Training plan:- ride bicycle, do NOT fall off.Have very thick brakes which do not lose grip in cold damp Nordic conditions. Carry weapon in case of meeting polar bears. Have added last after seeing polar bear at York station tonight. Well, we've had the weather foor it, as I said to it at the time, but it headed off towards The Windmill flashing its LEDs without replying. ajen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:34 pm

    sounds like you could use the help of a consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:34 pm

    sounds like you could use the help of a consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:34 pm

    sounds like you could use the help of a consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:34 pm

    sounds like you could use the help of a consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that the help of a blog commenting consultant. Perhaps only commenting the same thing once would be a good start?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:53 pm

    Don't agree!don't agree, don't agree, don't agree!!!!!

    ReplyDelete