Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Seu Jorge

A music post!


One of my favourite films of the last few years was The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. The film is a somewhat black comedy based on the Jacques Cousteau films of the 70s, showing the life of an aquatic explorer at the end of his career. I highly recommend it.

One of the particularly enjoyable aspects of the film is the soundtrack which consists almost entirely of David Bowie songs performed by Seu Jorge, a Brazilian singer.

The songs are sung in Portugease with some great accoustic guitar. I found the album on itunes a few weeks ago and love it.




Be patient with the messing around at the start of this clip, it is worth while and afterall it is the first video I have ever posted!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 pm

    I thought that this was a comment for G!
    I watched the video, but couldn't get any sound, so it was a little disappointing.(I'm practising understatement this week)
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn the sound on or the volume up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 pm

    Sue Jorge,if third rate David Bowie in Portugeuse is good, you've been in Denmark too long !

    ReplyDelete
  4. you simply don't get it (that is an easy get out I know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ce site Web Dolabuy Chrome-Hearts jetez un coup d'œil ici sacs répliques hautes cliquez pour plus d'informations sacs de répliques en Chine

    ReplyDelete