Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bits and Pieces

No this is not the Radio 1 roadshow.

Last night a couple of us from my project went to the cinema to see Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman (They're the actors, not the people I went with MK and WRM!).

The film is about Charlie Wilson, the congressman who organised the funding of the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan whilst they were fighting the Russians in the 80's and managed to get a billion dollars from congress to supply arms under cover enabling the Afghans to beat the Russians. It was a pretty good film based on the real events. Unfortunately as Wilson said "we won the war but f*&ked up the end game" so many of the Afghans don't know that it was the Americans that helped them.

I didn't do any training last night as my legs were really tired and I have only missed 1 day in the last couple of weeks so I was due a rest.

The last unfortunate thing is that someone drove into MK this morning and has damaged our car so I guess that will lead to a great deal on inconvenience for us over the coming weeks. Thankfully everyone is OK, but I suspect this will provide me with enough bile to keep blogging until the car is finally fixed and we have paid the last bill...

No comments:

Post a Comment