Monday, January 28, 2008

Cupboards

It has been a nice relaxing weekend doing yet more DIY type stuff and thinking about what we are going to do to fit another person in on a permanent basis from July.

In the meantime, I have decided to do something about the dark corner that I created in the new kitchen. Despite the fact that we really don't need more cupboard space, we decided to put one up and cover it in lights to brighten up the corner and act as a collecting point for crap.



There are 2 lights under the cupboard and one inside it so that it glows in the dark. The only problems left to be finally resolved at hiding the wires on the wall a little better and tidying up those inside the cupboard.


The other shelf we put up only serves to suspend crap above the work surface; which when you think about it is as much as one can ever ask of a shelf in a kitchen


Frankly I am quite pleased with my efforts.

At the moment I have an extremely tough decision to make and I just can't seem to make my mind up, unfortunately this has made me somewhat withdrawn and probably difficult to have in the house. Never mind, the deadline for deciding is the end of the week and I am away from Wednesday!

None of this has helped with my dieting over the last 72 hours (I have only had one beer and eaten the chocolates that a nice lady at the bank gave us on Friday).
Weight Watching

I am now entering week 2 of a 5 week training program and have more or less done what I was supposed to having exercised 5 days out of the last 7. I have tried to eat as sensibly as the previous week without using the exercising as an excuse to increase my consumption. I am not sure this has worked too well as I have not lost any weight at all and am still at 107,4kg but I am determined to keep going. I generally give up on things like losing weight at this point, but I am planning on sticking at it this time.

4 comments:

  1. Exellent cupboard and shelf action. I think i have the same pure one digital radio in black. Keep up the fitness work after about 3 months on the sofa with various scooter related injuries I am also hitting the gym, but it makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:32 pm

    Excellent.
    Do I have to paint it?
    Millard minor will be very small - pop her in a corner cot for a while.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 pm

    Good work my son!
    I have to admit to having lost NO weight this last week but I didn't gain any either.
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 am

    this is a plateau aka Table Mountain.Try a day on fruit, melon is best, shocks the body into loss mode.Must rush off to Leeds. ajen

    ReplyDelete