Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Biksemad

Today's lunch was a canteen favourite (although not a favourite of BHP) Beksemad pronounced something like bixermell I suppose and rather like corned beef hash made with real meat as apposed to the canned variety (I thin Delia had a good recipe for that)
I must say that this one here looks rather appealing with a nice poached or fried egg sitting on top and a cold beer. I had nothing to drink as there were no glasses left and there were no eggs either, but it really wasn't that bad other than a key missing ingredient.


HP sauce is something that really should be embraced more enthusiastically by the Danes, it make so much of their food better. Frikadelle are scientifically proven to be 87% better with HP sauce on them and biksemad is generally believed to be around 48% improved with a little squirt of the brown stuff.

J has also taken rather a liking to "brown sovs" and in his case it is always sovs because there is always enough of it (another Danish joke I am afraid). It is an argument that we can't be bothered to have so he is getting through about half a bottle per meal at the moment.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 pm

    Talking of missing ingredients, tonight I made muffins(Leiths). Unfortunately I forgot to add the milk, used the wrong type of sugar, and had no chocolate chips so used blueberries. Actually they weren't bad at all.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:15 pm

    As Haggis was reduced, it being past Burns night, I had haggis. If this is a scottish treat, what do they eat the reat of the time ? It reminded me of the cruelty charity ads on the t.v. Can you spare £2 a week for anyone who is forced to eat haggis ? ajen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 pm

    If J was from the North East, he would ask fo a bottle o' Broon, and be expecting a rather sweet beer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:19 am

    Have you tried Henderson's relish?
    Haggis is great, aj.
    I'll bring one & cook it when I have time.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:07 am

    I like haggis too!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:08 am

    btw. I got a clean bill of dental and gum health!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:04 am

    I shall have to grow to like haggis as there is still half of it left. It was improved with a good gravy.ajen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:32 pm

    Biksemad - is that a work meaning mad on bikes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. find this This Site my latest blog post my response click for more info Dolabuy Chloe

    ReplyDelete