Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back in the saddle



Last week I decided to take affermative action towards getting fit again. I elected to approach the problem in a way that would cause me the least discomfort in the short term by actually doing something concrete whilst at the same time delaying the moment that I would actually have to start working.
Yes you guessed it, I spent some money on the problem! I have re-activated my account at Training Peaks and signed up for the "5 weeks preparation plan for indoor cycling". This plan, despite the name, involves a lot of time in the saddle on the trainer in the basement getting some form back before hitting the roads in 5 weeks from Monday.




I am not sure if I ignored "This plan is meant for an intermediate to advanced cyclist" or decided that I could squeeze myself as snugly into the category as I did into my cycling short, but that is what I have committed myself to for the the coming weeks.

Last night was the first workout in the program and probably the simplest and easiest as it involved nothing more than riding steadily on the trainer for 45 minutes. Well that felt like rather a long time to me despite watching Indiana Jones and the last crusade and by the end I was very happy to get off the saddle again.

Today is somewhat more complicated with lots of intervals and set cadences and things so I will have to write it down before I go searching for somewhere to ride as I am stuck in Aalborg and I don't know where there is a spinning bike that I can use...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04 pm

    I posted a comment to your Fri blog on Sun eve (my time), may be overlooked but congrats. I was in hosp one day last week and after I re-read yest. a question was answered. Will comment at better times.

    Best to you both, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 pm

    Went out to clear the litter in the front garden and thought that it must have been difficult for the local yobbery to have drunk the beer from cans and still left them connected by their plastic. But no, three full cans, a half pack of unopened Carlsberg. yobs round here obviously have no taste. They may have been football fans, there is also a football. ajen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di
    Good to hear from you again. I get all comments mailed to me so it was not missed. I hope you are well and look forward to hearing from you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:14 pm

    Dear Ajen
    Did you make sure it didn't go to waste?

    ReplyDelete