Monday, January 21, 2008

Basement Blues



I have spent a lot of time in the basement this weekend clearing out the crap. When the electrician re-wired the kitchen it involved passing cables through the floor into the basement which made quite a lot of mess. Unfortunately I had not prepared for that so the mess got everywhere.

Yesterday I cleared all the mess up, cleaned and threw out a lot of old boxes and things that I seemed to have developed a problem parting with.

I took a car full of stuff to the tip on Saturday and there will be another one or two next weekend.
Today marks the beginning of my 5 week indoor cycling training plan, it starts gently today with 45 minutes of easy riding, but I suspect that even that will be enough for me at the moment.
My weight this morning was 107,2kg with 26% fat. The fat percentage reading is higher than the ones that I was given by the nurse last week, but I only use it as a relative indicator to ease the pain on my ego and to save me feeling like I should lose 25kg instead of the 15kg that I am aiming at. So far I have shed 2,6 kg (approx 6 lb) but there is plenty left to go.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 am

    Well done William, on disposing of both junk & flab.
    Did the family share your weekend?
    I weigh 12st 4lb. This loss has been achieved by not eating for 2 days. I don't think that I shall ever eat again, so I may lose even more.
    G shared the bug by last night, but has breakfasted & gone to work.
    Conclusion: I'm a wuz.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 pm

    I did pop my head into the basement on Sunday, but as it was very dusty and messy I decided moral support was far better, so I made tea. I also tidied the christmas decorations away from the study where they were piled up shortly after New Year.
    Hope you get better soon Gill.
    MK x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 pm

    a whole bar full!
    Trouble with basements - they seduce you with their infinite hoarding facility and it just piles up unseen. We lived for about six months with most of our belongings in storage and managed perfectly well.
    Moral - get rid of it!
    But we didn't
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:33 pm

    Try having a warehouse in your backgarden!
    You live out of a suitcase for a couple of weeks on holiday, but it doesn't mean that you would like it as a lifestyle choice.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:05 pm

    Did you need to fit long forks and huge cow-horn handlebars to your bike for the 'East ride?'

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:58 pm

    Don't forget both B & W still have pile of their old shite in the factory shed and garage not to mention the cubboards.
    On the basis that you have storage of your own to fill - claim what you it next visit or it goes! G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:36 am

    perhaps we will delay our next visit for a few.... generations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:11 pm

    The next generations might find the antiques interesting - if they rae still here!

    ReplyDelete