Friday, January 23, 2009

That sinking feeling

You just know when you are getting a cold. First come the tiredness, then the slightly sore throat and then that sinking sensation as you feel your body succumbing to the virus. That is what happened to me yesterday afternoon.
I had hoped that if I skipped training for the night and went to bed early I may wake up this morning having beaten it off, but that was not to be. I guess I'll just have to deal with it and do last nights training session tonight instead of the planned night off.

The weather forecast for the weekend is miserable, rain, sleet and snow with the temperature hovering around 0 C for the duration. We have guests on Saturday evening so at least there will be some cooking to be done in and around the 15 or so shirts to be ironed...

One good thing that I have managed to achieve during January is to stick to my healthy eating plan. Really it is a diet and feels a lot like one, but the overall goal was to get into good eating habits that I can stick to in the long run, not just to shed some weight in the short term. Part of the regime is that I weigh myself each morning and I am monitoring this in a nerdy ex-consultant spreadsheet. The great thing is that the trendline is heading in the right direction. If it ceases to do so at some point I'll probably give up, but I hope I don't need to do that. Ever!


This second graph shows that I will cease to exist sometime around April 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:54 pm

    I hope that the theory behind your extrapolation is flawed - you may be so small as to be invisible, a "borrower".
    There are hazards, you certainly wouldn't reach the pedals either.
    m

    ReplyDelete