Monday, January 19, 2009

All the 2s

Yesterday I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes cycling at 2 degrees (C) and it was raining for most of that. I got home cold and tired, but happy that I had got out before the rain arrived (otherwise I wouldn't have gone) and happy that I am starting to feel a little fitter. I also managed 6 hours in the saddle last week so things are coming on slowly.

The weekend has been relaxing, if a little odd. It started with J going to T&B to stay the night on Friday, he has been struck down with Erythema Infectiosum which is called Lussingesyge in Danish (literally slapped face disease) and seems to sometimes be called the 5th disease in English as it is the 5th Childhood disease classified at some point along with measles, scarlet fever and rubella (I don't know the fourth one!) Anyway, he has had red swollen cheeks and a fever since Thursday, but seems to be getting better now and will probably be back in nursery tomorrow.


Last week we decided to join an online DVD rental service so that we can get films and tray to watch them bit by bit before MK goes to sleep each evening at 8:30. On Friday we watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull. I am not surprised that it didn't do too well, the movie world has developed quite a lot since the last of these films was made, but this one has not really moved with the times. It was a bit slow, very silly and Harrison Ford looked really old. MK enjoyed it, I thought it was just about OK, but I was glad I hadn't paid to go to the cinema to see it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 am

    you must have watched the bandit ve rsion. IJ and the crystal scull was better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 am

    Erythema Infectiosum sounds like some sort of HP spell. hope J recovers soon!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:18 am

    Erythema Infectiosum sounds like some sort of HP spell. hope J recovers soon!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:18 am

    Erythema Infectiosum sounds like some sort of HP spell. hope J recovers soon!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:46 pm

    Load of illiterate Wallies!
    The official version is Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    I had a "three" day on Monday.
    I remember that the pips pipped for 3.00pm as I started the car after school. I've forgotten what the other threes were.
    aj isn't commenting because you were so rude.
    m

    ReplyDelete