Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hitting the road... or not

Yesterday I left my laptop at work so that I would be able to cycle to work this morning should I wish to.
Having spent an hour on the trainer in the basement before bed last night, I came to a couple of conclusions:
Firstly, the trainer is not that bad, I watched half a movie, I was warm and dry, it was light and most importantly I didn't have any punctures. I admit it is a little boring and I don't think you get as good a workout as you do on the road, but it is not that bad.
Secondly, I decided that I could not see any reason to cycle to work again until the weather gets a little better, it is a little lighter in the mornings and I actually feel like doing it. My guess is that these three key ingredients will come together in about March, but who knows. I was certainly glad not to be on my bike this morning as it turned out to be cold, dark, wet and also foggy for a bonus

In other news, J is gradually making progress on the pant wetting front, last week he got through 6 pairs one day, but so far this week we only seem to be getting through 1 or 2 pairs a day.
D is doing well, although he is teething so there is a lot of grizzling and not much being left alone going on. We have also been referred to the main hospital in Copenhagen to find out what to do with the missing testicle. Unfortunately it looks as though there may be another operation on the horizon in order to try and put it where it's supposed to be.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 pm

    What you need is Davina Mcall's 30 minute workout video ( I say that having recieved it for Christmas and not taken it out of the wrapper yet!!). No smutty comments please. This, I gather, is a respectable blog.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like some cycling DVDs to watch whilst I am cycling, but they are not easy to come by. I have been watching The Transporter II instead
    "He's not really my friend... He's French"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 pm

    Why don't you get a large mirror, then you could watch this guy cycling for the full hour.
    Glad that the pant front wetting is improving, pant back fouling is even worse, of course.
    Poor little DK. Can't nature take it's course - he won't have any unprodded orifices left.
    m

    ReplyDelete