Monday, January 26, 2009

Death bed

Being a man and having a cold are not compatible things really. I think I have already mentioned that I caught a cold last week and I have spent the weekend wallowing in self pity and Kleanex. I also seem to be developing a cough to go with it. I am working at home today to try and get over the cough and avoid giving it to any more of my colleagues.

J has now caught my virus and so he is moving straight into the cough/cold thing on the back of the impetigo and 5th disease thing. Hopefully he will be back at nursery tomorrow so that we can all get ready for MK and DKs trip to England on Wednesday.
What I really need is some of that death cough syrup that knocks you out for 24 hours at a time...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 pm

    No you don't.
    That may have been the best 24 hours of you life, & you missed out on it due to self-pity/indulgence.
    G suggests a wee dram.
    You sounded alright to me.
    (a big dram, apparently)
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 pm

    Get well soon and quit whining! It's minus 15 C here today all day
    Wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:40 pm

    24 hours-you can fit in a Night Nurse and a Day Nurse. Enjoy a duvet day, kill the germs with kindness.

    ReplyDelete