Monday, March 17, 2008

Recipe for feeing like a new man (almost)

This has been a good weekend and by the end of Sunday I felt like a new man.
My new frame arrived on Friday (the rest of the stuff - wheels, brakes, gears etc arrived this morning) so that was really nice to get my hands on and it looks great. Saturday I managed a 1½ hour ride which was nice to blow away the cobwebs and see the sights around Ringsted.
Sunday was the better day though. I spent the morning cooking lemon roast chicken with some proper roast potatoes followed by home made treacle sponge and custard. I had forgotten how good that is and the cold custard was delicious in the evening with some of MKs fruit salad.
I went out on my old mountainbike for 2½ hours in the afternoon and had a blast getting muddy and sweaty. I can't wait to have the new bike finished and get out on that but it may be a week or two as there are predictions of snow all over Easter.
The day was capped off with some smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for supper and a relatively early night.

Pic of the bike at least to follow...

And here they are. There are still plenty of bits missing, but it's taking shape

I need to cut the steerer tube down a bit, but note those nice carbon fibre bars...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 pm

    Looks good - are you going to cut all that off which is sticking out the top? seems a bit low but then I am old!
    WRM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 pm

    Nice stem! started life on a Moots!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to see how it feels first then decide I 'll leave 4 spacers under it at first though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:40 pm

    Wheels look a good shape but one of the cross pieces looks a bit long.
    Glad the pud turned out well & that you like cold custard.
    m

    ReplyDelete