Friday, March 07, 2008

All action in Ringsted


Yesterday the new outlet mall opened in Ringsted and what a delight of pikeys it was too. We had a bit of time on our hands in the afternoon so we went along to take a look. There is a Nike outlet, Le Cruiset, Puma, Levis and a bunch of other boring places. Our first impressions where not to bother again for a while, but it wasn't too bad. We stopped for a coffee, but left before being served because the signs of incompetence were so clear that I could more or less guarantee that if we got what we ordered it would be crap as it appeared that nobody in the coffee shop had a clue what they were doing.

On a brighter note though the part for my new bike have started arriving, unfortunately they are mostly boring parts and there is no sign of the frame being available for a while yet...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:16 pm

    Does this make you "pikeys"?
    What is a "pikey"?
    I bet that it's even more expensive than Bicester Village; at least they have good coffee shops there.
    Shall I bring you a bell for your new bike, or does it have to be made of a scandium alloy?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 pm

    He thinks that Scandium is an alloy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the built in vanity mirror and walking stick. What kind of bike is this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:04 pm

    I have your "For whom the bell tolls" (Hemingway)
    I have finished it, I am pleased to say. It was hard work.
    I will return it.
    I have some books for you.
    Do you like Ian Rankin- Inspector Rebus/ tartan cops?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DO NOT THINK SCANDIUM IS AN ALLOY! Bike manufacturers call their frames scandium, but they are an aluminium scandium alloy. Lots more aluminium than scandium.

    ReplyDelete