Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Recovery

During the long weekend we did a lot of eating, from my home made chocolate truffle cake (½kg chocolate, ½ litre cream etc) to roast pork, steaks and burgers to home made hot cross buns and of course Easter eggs. I was expecting to get a nasty shock when I weighed myself this morning, but the result was exactly the same as last week 105,6kg. This may be as a result of the 5 hours cycling I have managed to fit in since Thursday even though it has snowed more or less every day. I felt particularly virtuous last night as I climbed on board the trainer at 9 o'clock for an hour of pedaling.

My new job seems to be shaping up OK, there is still an awful lot for me to find out and as yet I haven't really done anything, but my PC is getting into shape and I have all of my personal stuff here now.

After we picked up J last night we went to have a look at some Saabs. They are odd cars, but I think I like that about them and we can get a much newer Saab for our money than a Volvo and it will certainly seem suitably irrational to my Boulder readers not to buy Japanese. The issue with the ones we saw last night was that they were all black, but that is something we can easily overcome by looking around. The next step is a test drive and J seems very excited about buying more new cars.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:05 pm

    G has only put on a pound;, I have yet to weigh myself, so no doubt I will have put on the weight for all four of us.
    I did go to the gym & was pleased with my performance.
    Time will tell!
    All new cars are nice, particularly posh ones.
    m

    ReplyDelete