Thursday, March 13, 2008

A night off and the executive car

Tonight will be a rare-ish treat as J is being babysat by K&L so we can have an evening out. MK is meeting me at the airport and we have booked a table at Spicylicious. Apparently we should be in for some good Thai food by Danish standards so I am looking forward to it, I just hope the restaurant has a few more features than their website which has to be one of the most uninspiring I have ever seen.

As I have little to do whilst winding down in the current job I have taken the opportunity to look at some cars and whilst we seem to have decided that we want a bit more luxury and an estate (station wagon in some part of the world), we have still not really decided what to get.

Volvos look nice and it seems that they are a solid used car to buy, but they are expensive. For the same money as a V70 we can get a 2 year younger Saab 9-5 estate. Hmm, temptingly Swedish, solid and go for ever and ever and ever... There is a dealer in Ringsted so we may have to go and take a look

Had I mentioned that I am starting a new job after Easter? No I didn't think so, more on that tomorrow but in the meantime, I am going here

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:09 pm

    Have a very nice evening, and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:16 pm

    Swedish cars, unjustifiably expensive in the first place and ridiculously expensive to maintain as they age.
    Go Japanese - they go for ever!
    Hope the Thai was up to expectations and that J was good for K and L
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 pm

    Take plenty of cash, remember that K is eating for two.
    Enjoy yourselves.
    I have bought lots of stripey socks for J today,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. just because you bought a bum Volvo once doesn't mean that they are all bad. We may still get a toyota though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:22 pm

    Volvo is a Swedish word for bum!
    I recently rented a Toyota Corolla S in Florida - LOVED it!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  6. you'd love anything that said made in Japan on it. I had a Corolla as a rental (admittedly a while ago) and HATED it it was boredom personified. Still I like th Avensis and we may well get one although we can get a similar aged Saab fort the same money and the waranty will be out on either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:03 am

    Take a long time to decide; it will save you money in the longer term.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What will save money in the long term? I don't understand that comment

    ReplyDelete