Friday, August 12, 2011

TFI Friday

For some reason I am glad this week is over (well almost).

The weather has been very average and last night we lit the fire again which made the living room almost unbearably hot (about 28 C). I was planning on doing some ironing, but just staying awake was a big challenge. The crappy weather looks set to continue so I guess we may as well assume that the summer is officially over and get on with Autumn.

We have some friends coming for dinner on Saturday evening and I am planning on making my favourite lemon curd bread and butter puddings. The desert was easy to decide upon, but we have had trouble deciding on the main course. At the moment it looks like it will be pork fillets en-croute and something to nibble as an appetiser whilst we try to get the kids to bed!

I have a bike race on Sunday which I hope will go better than the last one. I have trained a bit more although not enough this week and I am a bit lighter than I was 6 weeks ago as well. I want to believe that this will be enough, but knowing that the course is very hilly, I am not all that confident.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:31 pm

    I noticed that CPN was much cooler than here - good for cycling?
    Hope the dinner is going well.
    Love the phone message - "Hello, Hi"
    Will phone back.
    m

    ReplyDelete