Thursday, August 18, 2011

Boring diet update


It's been a while since I did an indulgent post about my dieting, so here we go again.

I got some new bathroom scales last week which are more accurate than the old ones and measure body composition in a few different ways including a setting for "athletes". Judging by the results I get using the athlete mode, I am clearly not what they consider an athlete to be because I am certainly not 9% body fat. Oh well, that put me in my place!

I generally weigh myself in the mornings before I get in the shower (these are the weights shown above) but following the advice for the new scales, I weighed myself when I got home from work and was happy to see that I was 89.8kg and now down to 15.7% body fat.

I think I have about another 4kg to go before I'm done, but I feel good and I was strong enough to ride 100km with the bike clubs fast guys on Tuesday night and the 32" waist jeans are a spot on fit.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 pm

    I now have 2 sets of bathroom scales (didn't, no couldn't believe the first set) and remain FAT whatever time of day I get on them. aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 am

    Aj has one set for each foot & weighs herself at half hourly intervals.
    I don't understand.
    I am 50%fat, I think.
    Well done - 32in waist.
    Unbeleivable.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:21 am

    Unbelievable.
    Only in Yorkshire does the I not come before the ee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 am

    I don't beleeeve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:18 pm

    EEE, I don't believe it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:02 am

    Some bodyfat is good in winter - a layer of blubber keeps one warm!

    ReplyDelete