Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Guitar lesson

OK so I did stay up late again watching the cycling - I never learn!

Yesterday evening I went to my first guitar lesson at the evening school. There were 8 other people and a teach and it was very much an in at the deep end experience for me. As everyone was chatting at the start, I could see that most of them had been playing together for some years and they were all a LOT better than me. Undeterred, I joined in playing the weird and wonderful Danish songs that we were given (I even recognised one of them) and had a good time with it.

The great thing about being one of 10 guitars playing at any one time is that your mistakes are quite well hidden and if there is a chord you don't know, you can just skip a couple of beats and catch up on the next one. I can see that I need to do a lot of practice especially as I have not really played since the spring when the weather finally got better.

The group was a rather entertaining mix from a grumpy teenage girl to middle aged guys and there was even a guy in a wheelchair to give the group a real politically correct, TV sitcom feel.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:52 am

    Sounds good - better than the cello lessons then?
    m

    ReplyDelete