Monday, August 15, 2011

Crashes

I'm tired

I spent Saturday cooking for some guests who came to dinner in the evening: devils on horseback (dates with bacon around them) and cheese straws to nibbles, then pork fillet en-croute, dauphinoise potatoes and broccoli   followed by (the now predictable) individual bread and butter puddings with BHPs home made rose hip jam. It all worked out really well and it was a nice way to enjoy my cheat day.

Sunday was bike race day. It started reasonably well, I felt OK and managed to stay with the group over the bigger hills and was happy with progress until there was a crash in front of me at the bottom of a longish hill. That meant that I had to start from a stand-still and try to chase back to the group. I think I may have made it as there were some slower sections of the course, but then another rider took me out when he decided to turn left at a right hand turn. Next think I knew, I was lying in the road with a few scrapes and a painful right hand.
That was enough of that for the day so I decided to go home as I was never going to get back to the group and I was feeling sorry for myself. No real damage was done to either me or my bike, just a few scrapes and I'll be back again next week to see if I can manage to end my racing season by getting to the finish with everyone else!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:12 pm

    Hope the shower helped.
    Any good blown glass?
    m

    ReplyDelete