Friday, August 26, 2011

Recovering

Yesterday evening I decided to train with the bike club. We normally ride about 80km, it takes 2,5 hours including some intervals and a bit of chatting and rolling along together in a group of 10 or so. Last night there we're 4 of us and we rode 105km in just over 3 hours. I did and interval session on Wednesday evening, but I hadn't really eaten properly afterwards or during the day yesterday and The result was that I was completely dead when I got home home. I lay on the hall floor shivering and I could hardly stand up long enough to have a shower. The other problem with getting that tired is that it is hard to eat anything which makes recovering even harder. I did eat a bit and then had a really bad night with a lot of cramps and very little sleep.
Looking on the bright side, despite having drunk about 4 litres of water since I got home, I was still down to 88,8kg this morning which is my lightest yet and I think it is even under 14 stone.

On a totally different note, they have announced that there will be a general election in Denmark on September 15th. I think it is Herat that thinks can be done so quickly here with this sort of thing and it means that we will only have to suffer 3 weeks of electioneering!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:13 am

    Look after yourself. you
    cannot exercise & not eat properly.
    3 weeks of electioneering sounds bad enough.
    Is MK standing??
    m

    ReplyDelete