Monday, August 22, 2011

21st

What a lovely weekend!

We spent Saturday at home in the morning with J and DK having a couple of friends over for a play date. After lunch we took some drinks and a big cake with us to the forest for a walk and some fresh air in the wilds. When we got home I made salmon fish cakes which were rather nice and we finished off the B&B pudding which had been in the freezer for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday was a big sports day. J played in his first 3 football matches in Slagelse. His team didn't win anything, but I am reliably informed that he played well and they all had fun and stopped off at a farm on the way home to have ice cream and a look around. Meanwhile I was riding in a bike race in Roskilde.I had felt pretty good since last week and everything went well. I finished in 21st place - in the main group which was my aim for the day. I was actually in a great position coming into the finishing straight but as it was an uphill finish and I didn't have the umph to get into the top 15 to score any points. It's a great invigorating feeling to be riding along in a group of nearly 70 riders at 50km/h, it's hard work, complete concentration and a little terror all rolled into one!

I think my fitness is now back to where it was when my back gave out last year, but I have the advantage of weighing about 7kg less. I think I should be in a good position to have a full competitive season in 2012.

I am also looking forward to seeing J's next football matches, he loves playing and is getting better and better at it to my amazement, I have no idea where he has inherited that skill from, I can't see it on either side of the family from where I am sitting!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:51 pm

    You've never seen me with a soccer ball!
    wrm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:30 pm

    From me, of course. I've always been noted for my ball-control - wrm has none.
    I should have played in a tennis tournament yesterday if I hadn't had a Baptism.
    Great news on the cycling front as well.
    Well done J & W.
    Cake & drinks in the forest sounds magical.
    m

    ReplyDelete