Thursday, August 04, 2011

Ringsted Festival


This weekend is the annual Ringsted Festival which means that there will be cars up and down the road looking for parking spaces, we will be kept awake until the early hours of the morning with load music and it will almost certainly rain for most of the weekend. The forecast is predicting at least some rain but you never know.

The festival entrance is less than 100m from our house so we will be able to hear the lot whether we are inside the house or outside, windows closed or open.

This picture is from 2005 and it is about 4 times this size this year judging by the infrastructure that is being put in place at the moment.

I think we need to either embrace the festival, buy tickets and go to see it, OR we get the hell out of there and spend the weekend somewhere else. I am still undecided so I have checked out the artists who will be keeping us awake over the coming 3 days and nights. I think some of you outside Denmark will know one or two of them - Aqua, Alphabeats and Infernal being the only ones you may know and then there are a load of "famous in Denmark" like the famously tough and scary white rappers - Nic and Jay. Gansta!


I am still not sure what we'll do, last year I hit the sleeping pills and if we are staying at home, I will do that again. The other option is a camping tour to the woods, but, hardcore as I may be, that will have to be somewhat dependant upon the weather, just like the festival. Maybe I'll let MK and the kids decide.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 pm

    Hi, did a parcel arrive from us? Look out for one if not. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Yes it arrived last week and I took it to the summer house. Is, it was a big hit and led to many visits to neighbours gardens to fetch rockets :-)

    Thanks
    W, MK and especially DK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31 am

    Never heard of any of them - no surprise there!
    I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still not sure what we'll do, last year I hit the sleeping pills and if we are staying at home, I will do that again. The other option is a camping tour to the woods, but, hardcore as I may be, that will have to be somewhat dependant upon the weather, just like the festival. Maybe I'll let MK and the kids decide.
    black salwar suit with yellow dupatta ,
    black salwar suit with dupatta ,

    ReplyDelete