Wednesday, November 03, 2010

That's 2 hours I won't get back

I have decided that I should complete my Danish language education if I am going to be here for a few more years and develop my career so after a chat with my boss last week I set off to my old language school for a test yesterday.

Of course, when you can't book a time at the office, you have to turn up and hope to get a test and yesterday I couldn't. Today I waited a couple of hours for the test to be completed, only to be told that they don't really have anything suitable for me. I know I can understand most of what is said and apparently I can speak OK, but I can't write Danish any more. The advice from the miserable middle aged woman was to try another language school.
The next step is to speak to one of my former private teachers and see what she suggests as a way of making progress. I suspect that answer is that I simply need to start speaking more Danish to practice, but I want to have a few lessons to get into the swing of it because at the moment, I don't feel like I can express myself at all.

1 comment: