Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back to the Denglish

I had my first Danish lesson in 4 years yesterday and it was both pleasant and depressing at the same time. Karina, my teacher, also taught me 4 years ago and she was happy that I have progressed quite a lot since I last spoke to her. I have had some other lessons in the meantime, but not many and I appear to have forgotten most of the grammar that I ever learned.
She was amazed that I am able to speak so well, given that I more or less never practice and when pushed to do some grammatical exercises, it seems that I don't know the past tenses of many of the most basic verbs. There is a lot of work to do.
I am having a couple of lessons a week for a couple of months with the deal being that when my boss comes back from his extended vacation in February, that we will only speak Danish. In the meantime, I've got some homework to be getting on with.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 pm

    I think you will make unbelievable progress if you start speaking with your boss in danish! Keep at it
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to speak Danish to my colleages from today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 pm

    Lurpak, lurpak

    ReplyDelete