Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Drying out


We had margaritas on Friday night and rather enjoyed them. Unfortunately we ran out of lime and tequila by the end of the evening so I tried a sidecar on Saturday evening and that was rather good too (Brandy, grand marnier and lemon juice in a sugar frosted glass).


That sat quite nicely on top of the beer  that we had with lunch and the wine that we have been drinking nearly every evening for the last few weeks. As you may be able to imagine, if we drink a bottle of wine in an evening, then MK has 1 or 1½ glasses and I drink the rest.
The result is that I have been drinking rather too much and I suspect that I am beginning to look forward to my evening tipple more than is healthy.


When I add this to the fact that I am quite sure I have gained a few pounds over the last couple of weeks from eating too much in general and cake in particular, I am left with a rather tough choice. Carry on and get fatter, more out of shape and gradually pickled or do something about it.

I have chosen the second option. So I haven't drunk anything since Saturday evening and I won't until at least Christmas (I may have a  drink at the Christmas party). I am strangely conscious of not drinking anything in a way that I was not at all conscious that I had been drinking a lot. The next step is to get working on the training to be in good shape on my bike next year, but that is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment