Friday, November 19, 2010

Just in time


My new boots arrived in the post yesterday which was perfect timing because it has been snowing here all morning and despite the fact that the temperature is a little above freezing, the snow has settled and we have an inch or so covering the garden. The kids are very excited about it, but I can just see that I am going to have the usual fun of putting the winter tyres on the car after it has started snowing for the second year running. Will I ever learn?

The Timberland Earthkeeper boots are apparently environmentally friendly and contain 1½ plastic bottles in the soles. Not being able to get my size in any of the shops in the UK meant that I had to buy them on eBay. Despite the shipping costs from the UK, they were £30 cheaper than in the shops in the UK.

Now that K&L have told me that there is an unused guitar in their basement, I can have a go at trying to play without shelling out for an instument. I guess that will avoid me finding myself in the same situation as the guy I was trying to buy a sused one from. He claims to have owned it for 1 week and played it for only 2 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 pm

    Are you becoming a shoe/boot fetishist?
    You had a guitar when you ere a teenager, B has it now.
    That had a similar history - given board & lodging but little used.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 am

    I'm not becoming one, I've always been one. However, I haven't bought a pair of boots for at least 4 years and these are to replace a pair that I had to throw away this year which had fallen apart. Yo bought methods when I was a student so they were probably around 15 years old!

    The guitar B has is a classical guitar and I want a rhythm guitar - they're not the same, that is why Ben got a new one too. Lars is lending me his old one to try out.
    W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 pm

    got rhytm .. got music.... who can ask for anything more? !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:53 pm

    what style of music do you think you'l play ... who do you listen to for their playing ability?

    ReplyDelete