Monday, November 01, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Saturday was the family birthday with T,B,H,K,L and A attending, we had a house viewing in the morning so it was a quick round of pancakes, then tidy up at get out by 10 to pick up some bread and things to go with lunch. We ate too much, had a short walk and then had more cake and coffee. J wasn't too well durting the day and seems to have some sort of flu, but he was OK again on Sunday morning for the kids party. We had the usual stuff, J and I made sausage rolls (with bread instead of pastry as is normal here) and fairy cakes whilst MK took DK to gymnastics then  seven 4 to 5 year olds arrived for a 4 hour marathon which included lunch:


Pass the parcel which was completely new to (and wasted on) Danish kids


A treasure hunt which was supposed to take them at least 30 minutes but MK couldn't help telling then where the clues were hidden.


Finally there was cake. This being Denmark, we had to have the 24 fairy cakes that J and I had made in the morning and this cake man which was the same size as Daniel. It is basically the biggest (and tastiest) Danish pastry you have ever had so I had to try and give away as much as I could to the parents when they came to fetch their little darlings.


That was a hard weekend, I really feel like I need a rest now.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 pm

    Belated Happy Birthday to J - I did try to 'phone a number of times, without success.
    Why are you tired, looks like MK did all of the hands on stuff & you just took photos?
    The cake looks marvellous - I'll have to arrange to be in Denmark for a birthday at some point.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about that. I did plenty of work over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 pm

    I love the cake!!! Why was it only as big as Daniel and not jeremy sized? - that is the challenge for next year (and then we can arrange to come and help you eat it!)
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete