Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nordic 24

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will have a confirmed place in the Nordic 24 hour bike race in the summer. So what do I need to go with that then???


The answer is obvious when you consider the questions from the right perspective (that is the from the point of view of my backside); what I need is a new bike of course.


My current stable only has one hardtail mountainbike in it and if I am to ride off road non-stop for 24 hours then I am going to need something to ease the pain that is inevitably going to occur in the shape of a bouncy full suspension bike.




This is where my friend (and hopefully co-racer) comes in. He is desperate to sell his Cannondale to me for a respectable price so that he can upgrade to something that will better fit his skills, dodgy neck and improved financial status.


Clearly the stars are aligned on this one* as we will be passing his house in our car at Easter as well so MK had better get working on those excuses...

* The evidence that this is meant to be is overwhelming:
  • I like the bike
  • It is the right size
  • I have a reason to buy it this year having not been that interested in mountainbikes for a while
  • We are going to be nearby in our car at the right time
  • It is going to be cheap

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 pm

    What about this - we live in Denmark where the highest point is less than 200 meters above sea level - how can that possibly justify another montain bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now then, how was it that I moderate these comments???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:20 pm

    How about the fact that last time you had a full suspension bike, you just moaned about it all of the time, and then didn't pass it on to me! Consider the purchase of some new t-shirts for your 'scruffy' brother instead?

    Tim has been having imaginary conversations with auntie Kafrun on his new 'black phone' for the last 2 days. They normally go along the lines of 'Hello auntie Kafrun, I'm so sorry about, speak to you later, Bye!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:19 pm

    There's still a Diamond Back in the factory.
    Shall I send it over or bring it at Easter?
    Why on earth do es anyone think that you would moderate anything - not a trait you're noted for.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:57 pm

    I can see my 'new' birthday bike being a turd hand well abused softtail MB - hey ho!G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 am

    How much did you want for the old bike?
    Thanks for email
    m

    ReplyDelete
  7. The diamond back in the factory is George's, the one I owned years ago was donated to Ben's friends son. The mountain bike I have is a hard tail, not soft tail. It can be for sale if anyone is interested...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:28 pm

    a hard tail not a soft tail, the mind boggles as well as the bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:32 pm

    George is definitely of the hard tail variety,
    Would this form of perambulation suit him?
    I want to ensure that he is well exercised at such a significant age.
    m

    ReplyDelete