Friday, May 17, 2013

Vitamin D

Apparently over 40% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D



I guess that there is a good chance that the statistics for those of us who work with computers and spend most of our time indoors are likely to be similar. I have been taking a vitamin D supplement for a while and that seems to have helped somewhat with my general well-being. I have also read that the process of making vitamin D in your skin also triggers other processes that are linked to reducing cancer risk, improving testosterone levels and helping cope with stress.

I am making a concerted effort to get more sunlight exposure this summer so that I can improve my vitamin D levels and see if it effects how I feel. So far I have been wondering around the garden without a shirt on in the sunshine for half an hour in the evening or whilst mowing the lawn. If nothing else, I guess I'll get something of a tan.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 am

    Vitamin D deficiency or melanoma?
    I wander around all over the place, but hadn't thought of taking my shirt off.
    this may be the way forward.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 pm

    Liked the cow.If the cow is outdoors a lot, which they are, soaking up sunshine and vitamin D, is the vitamin D transferable in all the paleo dairy products listed ?

    ReplyDelete