Thursday, March 31, 2011

Other peoples arrangements

This morning I took the Aygo to get the summer wheels put back on which took about 45 minutes last time. I planned to spend 45 minutes looking at the new cars, reading The Economist and having a cup of coffee.

This time she spiced things up a bit by asking them to repair a (very very small) stone chip in the windscreen at the same time. The result was that I spent 2½ hours sitting around a Toyota dealership. Not all that interesting although I think I may have decided that when the Mazda 6 is to be replaced we may have to get one of these instead. It has 2 seats that fold out in the boot, uses less petrol than the Mazda and costs half as much in road tax (£200 per year less!!)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:03 pm

    Are they "granny seats"?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 pm

    When I had to wait at the Toyota garage I sat with a group of OAP's supping the free coffee and reading the Telegraph, whilst we all pretended not to notice that the tv in our midst was tuned to a programme of a sexual nature with a lot of nudity. Of course nobody spoke.That's what being British means. aj

    ReplyDelete